The California State Summer School for the Arts is a state agency governed by a 15-‐member board of trustees appointed by the Governor, State Legislature, State Board of Education, California Arts Council, State University Board of Trustees, Regents of the University of California, and the California State Summer School Arts Foundation.
The California State Summer School Arts Foundation was founded as a 501 (c)(3) in 1986 to support CSSSA by seeking and administer gifts from corporations, individuals and foundations. A 30-‐member board of directors, appointed by the school’s board of trustees, governs the foundation. A number of trustees also serve as foundation directors.
Alexander Cruz de Ocampo
Lilia Gonzales Chavez, Vice Chair
Dr. Meryll Goldberg
AJ Major, Chair
Laura C. Romero, Ph.D
Dean Teri Schwartz
Alan Sieroty, Emeritus
Michael Fields, Director
CSSSA FOUNDATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Donna Miller Casey, President & Founder
Steve Nissen, Vice President
AJ Major, Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Wendy Goldberg, Founder
Heidi Kershaw, Executive Director
CALIFORNIA STATE SUMMER SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS NOTICE OF TRUSTEE BOARD MEETING
THURSDAY, March 14, 2019
KP P U B L I C A F F A I R S, 621 Capitol Mall, Suite 1900, Sacramento, CA 95814
10AM – 11:45AM
- Open Session – Call to Order and Establishment of a Quorum
- Approval of the October 25, 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
- Trustee appointments and legislative update
a) Introduction of new trustee Merryl Goldberg
(Department of Education appointee)
b.) Current open positions. (CAC and Governor)
c.) Report out on March 13 legislative visits.
- Public Comments for Items Not on the Agenda (The board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section that is not included on this agenda, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting – Gov. Code 1125 &1125.7. A maximum two- minute time limit will be placed on public comment).
- Director’s Report a.) Who are the Chairs of the CSSSA departments? b.)
Firstlook at CSSSA 2019 application numbers c.) Guest artist roster in processfor 2019 session
- Trustee Committees and Policies in development
- Future Agenda Items
A CSSSA FOUNDATION MEETING TO FOLLOW, WITH LUNCH, AT NOON