The California State Summer School for the Arts is a state agency governed by a 15-‐member board of trustees appointed by the Governor, State Legislature, State Board of Education, California Arts Council, State University Board of Trustees, Regents of the University of California, and the California State Summer School Arts Foundation.
The California State Summer School Arts Foundation was founded as a 501 (c)(3) in 1986 to support CSSSA by seeking and administer gifts from corporations, individuals and foundations. A 30-‐member board of directors, appointed by the school’s board of trustees, governs the foundation. A number of trustees also serve as foundation directors.
Alexander Cruz de Ocampo
Lilia Gonzales Chavez, Acting Chair
Dr. Meryll Goldberg
Laura C. Romero, Ph.D
Dean Teri Schwartz
Alan Sieroty, Emeritus
Michael Fields, Director
CSSSA FOUNDATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mike Cannone, Secretary
Donna Miller Casey, Chair & Founder
Wendy Goldberg, Founder
Steve Nissen, Vice Chair
Nancy Rae Stone
Heidi Kershaw, Executive Director
CALIFORNIA STATE SUMMER SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS
NOTICE OF TRUSTEE BOARD MEETING
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 29, 2020
KP PUBLIC AFFAIRS, 621 Capitol Mall, Suite 1900, Sacramento, Ca.
10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Open Session – Call to Order and Establishment of a Quorum
- Approval of the OCTOBER 24, 2019 Board Meeting Minutes
- Trustee board leadership discussion and board terms review.
- Trustee vote to appoint new Foundation Director to Trustees.
- Public Comments for Items Not on the Agenda (The board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section that is not included on this agenda, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting – Gov. Code 1125 &1125.7. A maximum two- minute time limit will be placed on public comment).
- Director’s Report
- Introduction of Camille Schennkan and report out the CSSSA Program Committee with faculty recommendation
b.) Guest Artists update
c.) Application/recruitment update
d.) Legislative visits report out
- CalArts Memo follow up
- Future Agenda Items
MEETING OF THE CSSSA FOUNDATION DIRECTORS TO FOLLOW AT NOON